1. Take the Basic Medication Administration Training (this course), including passing validation for otic, transdermal, topical by simulation.
2. Take the test, and pass – receive certificate.
3. In an on-site setting with actual clients and their medications, successfully demonstrate your skills with a Validation Trainer – receive certificate.
1. Take the Basic Medication Administration Annual Update, pass, get certificate – on-line, or in Update provided by APD Regional Office
2. Revalidate with a Validation Trainer – receive certificate
To complete this course, you must:
To cancel or reschedule please contact within 24 hours of scheduled course. Cancellation less than 24 hours will not be refunded!!
This course is prepared to train unlicensed staff who are working through the Agency for Persons with Disabilities to supervise clients who are self-administering medications or to administer medication to clients of APD who have been determined by their Primary Care Practitioner to require this service.
Successful completion will depend upon attendance and obtaining a passing score of 85% or above on the Course Content section of the exam, and 100% on the MAR (Medication Administration Record) section of the exam at the end of class. A certificate will be awarded and will contain at a minimum:
Approved Trainer number
Date(s) of training
Name of Student
Trainer’s printed name and signature,
and nursing license number and expiration date